Cognizant that the problem of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is a global concern and that Malaysia is not spared from the spread of the disease, we have formed the Community AIDS Service Penang. This project will carry out the following aims and objectives without prejudice towards any individual or group regardless of race, creed, social behaviour, sexuality or nationality.
1. To provide information of AIDS and AIDS prevention to the public
2. To promote the awareness and practice of safer sex.
3. To encourage changes of behaviours and habits which are likely to lead to HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) infection.
4. To facilitate confidential AIDS testing services.
5. To provide confidential and free counselling on AIDS and on AIDS-related issues, including AIDS test follow-up counselling.
6. To provide telephone counselling services.
7. To devise specific information and education strategies on AIDS prevention related to high-risk behaviours.
8. To cooperate with the Malaysian Government, National and International organizations.
9. To promote Malaysian strategies on AIDS to be fully consonant with international efforts.
10. To work against the stigmatisation and discrimination of persons with AIDS (PWAs) and persons living and/or associated with them.
11. To uphold the rights of PWAs to employment, housing, insurance and all other basic human rights.
12. To promote the availability of and access to necessary medical services for PWAs.
13. To facilitate shelter and other forms of support services for PWAs.
14. To recruit and train volunteers for the organisation.
15. To raise funds through grants and donations and other fund-raising activities for the purpose of carrying out the above aims and objectives.