The following rules concerning hygiene in the workplace should be observed and enforced in all commercial and administrative (public and private) workplaces:
• Workplaces and their equipment should be properly maintained and kept clean.
• The lighting should preferably be natural, and artificial light should be appropriately distributed.
• The temperature should be maintained at appropriate levels, and natural or artificial ventilation should be available at all workplaces.
• Sanitary conveniences should be sufficient, suitable and properly maintained. Washing facilities should be provided for workers' use. Separate conveniences and facilities should be provided for men and women except in establishments with no more than five persons or when only the employer's family is employed.
• Rooms should be provided where alternative facilities are not available for temporary rest during working hours, in particular to meet the needs of women workers.
• Workers should be protected by appropriate measures against substances, processes and techniques which are unhealthy, toxic or harmful.
C. 120: Hygiene (Commerce and Offices), 1964
R. 120: Hygiene (Commerce and Offices), 1964