Session V-2: Quiz - week five
Total Time: 45 minutes
Overview: This quiz is given to the trainees the morning following the visit by the guest expert on site selection, pond design and pond construction.
1. Upon arrival at the classroom after morning pond time, the trainer informs the trainees that they will have 35 minutes to complete the following quiz. They may use their own notebooks. Do not begin counting the time until everyone has received their quiz.
2. Trainees complete quiz.
3. Quizzes are collected. Trainer discusses whatever is necessary for the next activity.
Resources and Materials:
Note: You may use your notebook to answer the following questions:
1. Who was the visitor we had yesterday? What are his credentials and why is he qualified to speak about the topics he covered?
2. Name a variety of types of water sources and discuss advantages and disadvantages of each.
3. How might topography influence pond size, shape and orientation?
4. Why is it important to remove the topsoil from an area before constructing a dike?
5. Draw a detailed cross-section of a pond. Label all features and assign sample measurements.
6. Describe the different types of ponds and pond systems. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
7. Why is pure clay not recommended for constructing dikes?
[Ukrainian] [English] [Russian]