Goal: to ensure that the processes, strategies and outcomes of NDP implementation sa h!d)
1. To establish and sustain an effective system of monitoring and evaluation of NDP implementation
2. To ensure that the results of such monitoring and evaluation are appropriately applied to facilitate the further planning and necessary refinement of NDP implementation.
1. Identify priority areas of NDP implementation for monitoring and evaluation, eg. drug availability, accessibility, affordability, quality, efficacy, prices (cost of a basket of the commonest essential drugs), enforcement of regulations, etc.
2. Develop guidelines and indicators for monitoring and evaluation of the NDP
3. Identify and develop monitoring and evaluation capacity at all levels
4. Utilise, develop and support existing institutions to enable effective monitoring of NDP implementation
5. Institute a sustainable system of on-going monitoring of key components of the NDP, with reference to the implementation plan and relevant indicators
6. Evaluate the progress towards the stated NDP goals and objectives every 2-3 years, ensuring the involvement of both external and internal evaluators
7. Effectively utilise the results of monitoring and evaluation for the improvement of further planning and implementation of NDP.