Goal: to establish and maintain a reliable system with appropriate mechanisms for regular and accurate quantification of essential drug needs at all levels of the health system.
1. To improve the availability and reliability of required quantification data
2. To enhance the capacity to carry out quantification at each level of the health system
3. To improve the ability to correctly utilise the data
4. To avoid wastage and drug expiry caused by over-estimation of requirements
1. Promote collaboration with relevant partners (eg. members of the district health team, national drug procurement agency, national drug regulatory agency) to establish and maintain a reliable drug management information system (DMIS) and health management information system (HMIS) which will ensure the ready availability of accurate morbidity and drug consumption data required for drug quantification purposes and the regular and timely feedback of useful information to the partners
2. Develop and distribute quantification guidelines for each level.
3. Ensure the necessary quantification capacity at all levels by training sufficient relevant staff in record-keeping and quantification methodology and by providing adequate monitoring and supervision of the processes involved
4. Systematically collect and analyse the relevant data
5. Ensure that periodic and regular quantification is carried out at all levels.