(1) To ensure the constant availability of safe and effective drugs to all segments of the population.
(2) To provide drugs through the government, private, and non governments sectors at affordable prices.
(3) To facilitate rational use of drugs through sound prescribing, good dispensing practices, and appropriate usage.
(4) To ensure that the quality of drugs manufactured in Kenya and those imported into Kenya meet internationally accepted quality standards.
(5) To encourage self sufficiency through local manufacture of drugs for consumption and export.
(6) To ensure that the provision of drugs for veterinary services is consistent with this policy.